Nancy Encarnacion Mass
Nancy Encarnacion Mass
J.D. 2002 – University of California, Hastings College of the Law
Ms. Mass is a Certified Specialist in Family Law and a Fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
Ms. Mass handles all aspects of high-asset dissolutions, including those involving complex financial issues, property characterization, business valuation, child custody, child support, and spousal support, from the inception of a case through settlement or trial. Ms. Mass also prepares prenuptial and postnuptial agreements and works with clients as a consulting attorney, as needed. She represents clients in domestic violence actions, as well.
Ms. Mass was previously associated with Hammer & Jacobs in San Jose, where she also practiced family law exclusively. Prior to that, Ms. Mass’ practice focused on civil litigation, which included defending businesses in tort and employment litigation actions.
Ms. Mass graduated from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law in 2002. Ms. Mass graduated cum laude from University of California at Los Angeles, having attained a Bachelor of Arts degree majoring in English and French.
Ms. Mass is fluent in Spanish and French.
- Selected as a Northern California Super Lawyer for 2017 through 2023 by Super Lawyers Magazine.
- Selected as a Northern California Rising Star for 2011 through 2016 by Super Lawyers Magazine.
- Mentor, Diversity Equity and Inclusion Mentor Group, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Northern California, 2021-present.
- Mentor, UC Hastings Alumni Mentors for Hastings Family Law Association, UC Hastings College of the Law, 2022-2023.
- Co-Chair, Diversity Equity and Inclusion Committee, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Northern California, 2021 to present.
- Presenter, “Second Saturday Divorce Workshops,” Second Saturday, June, 2021.
- Member, Diversity Committee of the San Mateo County Bar Association, 2017-present.
- Chair, Family Law Section of the San Mateo County Bar Association, 2012.
- Co-Chair, Family Law Section of the San Mateo County Bar Association, 2011.
- Volunteer, Department 15 of the San Mateo Superior Court, Family Law Status Conference Calendar.
- Pro bono attorney handling domestic violence cases for the Legal Aid Society of San Mateo County, Domestic Violence Collaborative.
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Northern California Chapter
- San Mateo County Bar Association
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
- Bar Association of San Francisco